Saturday, July 30, 2016

Painting of the Week and Studio Update for July 30

Painting of the Week




"Golden Teacup on Red II"
Oil on panel, 3x3 inches, framed.
Larger images and purchase information


Studio Update

This week I was able to finish one set of paintings and begin another. I've been working on a series of miniature shell paintings; about 10 of them are done now, so that's probably enough for the time being. They're drying at the moment, so in about a month or so they should be ready to start showing here. This is one of them in progress, with the reference shell to the left on a shelf built in to my easel.





I also began work on a series of 3 commissioned shell paintings that I mentioned last week. The first step in making paintings like this is to spend a while familiarizing myself with the subjects; arranging them in different poses, seeing them from different angles, and a whole lot of sketching to begin to absorb what is unique and distinctive about each object.





No comments: