Saturday, July 23, 2016

Painting of the Week and Studio Update for July 23

Painting of the Week




"Thingamajig No. 3"
Acrylic on panel, 3x3 inches, framed.
Larger images and purchase information

I have a long list of house maintenance projects to get through this weekend, so this painting came to mind. I don't actually use this sander for day-to-day work, but it has a character that I love, and the vivid red power button seals the deal.

Studio Update

I am starting on a set of 3 commission pieces this week. The collector asked if I would paint some specific shells, which he sent me images of. Since it's always preferable to work from life when possible, I asked if he would send me the shells, which he graciously agreed to, and a few days later the box arrived. The original images didn't give much of a sense of scale, so I was expecting some tiny little things, but they're actually monsters - see the picture with my hand for comparison. It's going to be a fun project - look for more in-progress shots in next week's update





No comments: