Painting of the Week and Studio Update; June 25

Painting of the Week




"Salt, Cherries, and Sky"
Oil on panel, 5x5 inches, framed.
Larger images and purchase information

One thing I find myself seeking out lately - both in my own work and in paintings I choose to spend time with - is a certain clarity of the light.  I'd be hard pressed to describe it, but I know it when I see it.  As this painting took shape, I definitely saw it, and it was a real pleasure to watch it develop in front of me.

Studio Update

Most of this week was spent in New York City, but I did have one full studio day when I returned.  The underpainting for the piece I showed in last week's update was not yet dry, so I proceeded to do the drawings for the other 2 pieces in the series.  As with the other, these are done on mounted linen, and are 10x10 inches.