Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Commission, Part 8


“Apples, Cherries, Bread, and Wine”  
Oil on Panel   •   24 x 24 inches (61 x 61 cm)   •   2014
Private Collection

One piece of unfinished business I'd like to wrap up is the recent thread about the commissioned painting. As you can see in the image, it is completed.  The collector who requested it visited my studio several weeks ago.  He was pleased with the final result, as was I.



One of the main pleasures of doing this painting was working on the tabletop in the foreground.  It's all glazing; the burl of the veneer, the reflections of the fruits and cloth; all of it.  It was actually the most time-consuming passage of the painting, given that each layer of glaze had to fully dry before the next was applied, but I'm glad I gave it the time it deserved.

You can see a larger view and more info at the details page on my website.










No comments: