Monday, March 03, 2014

"On Guard!"

Jeffrey Hayes: On Guard!
“On Guard!” • Acrylic on Wood • 2.5 x 2.5 inches (6 x 6 cm) • 2014
Sold

Whenever I visit a museum, I always make a point of seeing the Late Medieval and Early Renaissance collections. The visual language of that period thrills me, especially the brilliant, vibrant colors often laid out against backgrounds of gold leaf. While painting saints may not exactly be my thing, painting toy knights certainly is, and I loved working with this little guy in an early style, right down to the gold background. He's got his battle axe and shield, and is ready for anything that comes his way.

This is painted on a prepared block of poplar wood, and set in a deep-format black frame; please see below for an image. To place this painting in your collection via PayPal, please click the "Buy Now" button above, and you will be taken to the PayPal site. Shipment of your painting will be made within two business days. If you have any questions, I can be reached through the contact page on my website... Thank you!

Jeffrey Hayes: On Guard!

To see more paintings like this one, please click here.

No comments: