Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"Sneak Attack"; Painting Number 1000

Jeffrey Hayes: Sneak Attack
“Sneak Attack” • Oil on Panel • 10 x 10 inches (25 x 25 cm) • 2014
This painting is available at my website.

Not all, but many of the arguments and battles we fight in our daily lives seem ultimately futile and unproductive. For a while I've wanted to do a series of paintings using a collection of toy plastic knights I have engaged in pointless conflicts to illustrate that idea - in a fun and humorous way - and this is the first of that series. If tilting at windmills is a useless fight, then sneaking up on grapes in a wineglass certainly is.

"Sneak Attack" is also painting number 1000 in my catalog. I've done far more than 1000 paintings, but in the beginning I simply finished the pieces and put them in the attic (wisely). Ten years ago I decided to approach this more professionally, and began entering all of my completed paintings in a database. Just for fun, I thought I'd show painting number 1 in the catalog, from 2004.

Jeffrey Hayes: Sneak Attack
“White Pitcher” • Oil on Canvas • 24 x 20 inches (60 x 50 cm) • 2004
Private Collection


To see more paintings like this one, please click here.

1 comment:

painthorsestudio said...

Sneak Attack is AWESOME!