Monday, February 17, 2014

"Funhouse Mirror"

Jeffrey Hayes: Funhouse Mirror
“Funhouse Mirror” • Acrylic on Wood • 2.5 x 2.5 inches (6 x 6 cm) • 2014
SOLD

My local Whole Foods installed funhouse mirrors in the cafeteria area. They're not exactly flattering their customers (especially while eating), but it is constantly amusing. I instantly thought of that when I saw how the silver cup bent and twisted the reflections of the lemon slices, though I imagine lemon doesn't mind the distortion at all.

This is painted on a prepared block of poplar wood, and set in a deep-format black frame; please see below for an image. To place this painting in your collection via PayPal, please click the "Buy Now" button above, and you will be taken to the PayPal site. Shipment of your painting will be made within two business days. If you have any questions, I can be reached through the contact page on my website... Thank you!

Jeffrey Hayes: Funhouse Mirror

To see more paintings like this one, please click here.

No comments: