"Sunbathing"

Jeffrey Hayes: Sunbathing
“Sunbathing” • Acrylic on Wood • 2.5 x 2.5 inches (6 x 6 cm) • 2014
$185 plus shipping.


After quite a bit of snow, we recently had a few sunny days in Boston. My local Whole Foods sells these terrific Satsuma Oranges with the stem and leaves intact, and I always want to paint them whenever I see them. I placed this orange on the windowsill in my studio, and it caught the sunlight just so, as if it were soaking up the rays.

This is painted on a prepared block of poplar wood, and set in a deep-format black frame; please see below for an image. To place this painting in your collection via PayPal, please click the "Buy Now" button above, and you will be taken to the PayPal site. Shipment of your painting will be made within two business days. If you have any questions, I can be reached through the contact page on my website... Thank you!

Jeffrey Hayes: Sunbathing

To see more paintings like this one, please click here.