2 Fragment Paintings

Jeffrey Hayes: Bottles and Glass
“Bottles and Glass” • Oil on Panel • 2.5 x 2.5 inches (6 x 6 cm) • 2013

Jeffrey Hayes: Bottles and Pitcher
“Bottles and Pitcher” • Oil on Panel • 2.5 x 2.5 inches (6 x 6 cm) • 2013

A few years ago I was experimenting with what I called Fragment Compositions - a painting would be created by closely cropping a busy arrangement of objects, resulting in a kaleidoscopic view. I liked the idea a lot, and still do, though I haven't done any similar paintings for a while. At the time, I began these 2 small pieces in that style, but never finished them. Last year I came across them in my studio, and decided to finish them up and get them out the door.

They're available at the Copley Society in Boston, and are priced at $185 each (framed - below). You can see them on the gallery's small works page, though you will have to scroll down and find them (unfortunately it's not possible to link to individual paintings there).

Jeffrey Hayes: Bottles and Glass
Jeffrey Hayes: Bottles and Pitcher

To see more paintings like these, please click here.