Peeling Orange on a Brick

Jeffrey Hayes: Peeling Orange on a Brick
(click image for larger view)

"Peeling Orange on a Brick"
Oil on panel, 6 x 5 inches (15 x 13 cm)
Sold

I've mentioned in one of my previous posts that the peeled orange had significance in Dutch Golden Age still lifes, as a symbol of impermanance and transience. I wanted to take it one step further, and have the orange as the sole focus as the composition - a fragile thing, caught in a moment of time.

This is by no means a formal announcement, but...  For a long time I've wanted to make Giclee prints available of my paintings, and I'm now well into the process of making that a reality.   It's still some time off, but my goal is to be able to offer high quality, affordable reproductions of my paintings by the end of the year. 

I believe prints of this painting will be the first.  I'll keep everybody informed, and hopefully a few of you will be looking forward to that!