Walnuts, Wine, and Pumpkin

Jeffrey Hayes: Walnuts, Wine, and Pumpkin
(click image for larger view)

"Walnuts, Wine, and Pumpkin"
Oil on linen, 7 x 10 inches (18 x 25 cm)
Dimensions with frame: 11 x 14 inches (28 x 35 cm)
Purchase Information

"Walnuts, Wine, and Pumpkin" is the final of a series of three matching paintings exploring my artistic roots in classical Dutch still life painting (the first and second can be seen here and here, respectively).

My concern with the rhythm of the objects was a little simplified with this piece, and I focused more on the drama of the light. Particularly, I was interested in how the light seemed to "turn" as it fell on the form of the pumpkin, and the elegant crimson hue the light acquired as it passed through the wine.

This piece is available directly from my studio; for purchase information, click here. There are also a few larger views on my website.

Labels: