Show Update, Part 2


(image courtesy of Neil Hollingsworth)

As I alluded to in yesterday's post, I actually participated in 2 events this weekend. The other was a work I had in the Realism exhibit at the Mason Murer gallery in Atlanta. Unfortunately, because of the conflict, I was not able to be there, but I have heard reports that it was a great opening. And... it's always great to see one's work up on a gleaming white wall, even if just in a photo!

The piece I have in the show is one of my latest, "Metal and Wood No. 1", which is a study of the varied shapes, textures, and patterns of wear found on antique hand tools (see below). If you happen to be in the Atlanta area, please stop by the gallery to have a look.



Jeffrey Hayes
"Metal and Wood No. 1"
Oil on panel, 17 x 24 inches (43 x 60 cm)

Labels: