Show Update, Part 1


Jeffrey Hayes
"Suspended Teacup"
Oil on panel, 5 x 3.5 inches (13 x 9 cm)
Sold



Jeffrey Hayes
"Suspended Creamer"
Oil on panel, 5 x 3.5 inches (13 x 9 cm)
Sold

Over the weekend I participated in show in Melrose, MA. It was a all-around good time; I met a lot of friendly people, both fellow exhibitors as well as people from the community in attendance. Best of all, I sold 7 paintings, including 3 that I'm very fond of. The above 2 paintings have been some of my favorites; I just love the playfulness of enclosing paintings in gilded Moorish arches. I have, however, had concerns about whether paintings like this would actually be salable, or simply for my own amusement. They got a lot of positive feedback, though, and I took the fact that each of them sold to different collectors as a clear sign to go ahead and do more of them. I'm thrilled by that.

Another piece that I also like a great deal that sold was my painting "Entwined" (see below). I wrote an in-progress post while I was working on it, which you can read here.

Jeffrey Hayes: Entwined
Jeffrey Hayes
"Entwined"
Oil on panel, 7.75 x 10 inches (25 x 20 cm)
Sold

Tomorrow I'll write a little bit about the other weekend show I was involved with.

Labels: