In Progress, Day 4


Jeffrey Hayes
In Progress
6 x 11 inches

Actually, this painting is done. I won't post final images of it until it has dried and been varnished. It's probably hard to appreciate with this lower-quality shot, but there's a depth and richness to the color that I'm very pleased with, especially the copper, which has become one of my favorite things to paint.




I managed to finish it despite the torrential downpours we got here in Eastern Massachusetts; about 8 inches of rain in the last 48 hours - falling on saturated soil from another recent storm. I now have a nice duck pond where my back yard used to be, and water is flowing freely into my basement. However, so far the pumps have done their job, and it's been more of a nuisance than anything else. Others nearby were far less fortunate... mandatory evacuations, submerged automobiles, and all that.

Since I barely slept last night dealing with the water, I'm exhausted; think I'll head off to bed early.

Labels: