Lines and Colors Feature


Jeffrey Hayes
"Kaleidoscope: Chinese Pipe with Glass"
Oil on panel, 8 x 8 inches (20 x 20 cm)

Sold


My work was featured today on the amazing Lines and Colors (the specific post is here). For anybody who has not visited Lines and Colors, I wholeheartedly suggest that you give it a read... right now, in fact. I can say without hesitation that it is the one art-related site that I look at most.

To anybody who is seeing this blog for the first time, welcome (and of course, thank you to all of my regular readers). Since I haven't updated in a few weeks, I thought this would be as good an opportunity as any to show a piece which I finished in October. At the time, I wrote a post about it (specifically, about the process of revising paintings) including a detailed shot, but I did not include the above image of the full painting.

I hesitated at the time, because I was going to use that piece to discuss the idea of having an separate type of painting, apart from what I normally do. While that still seems like an worthwhile topic to write about, I guess it didn't grab me enough to make me charge into it. Maybe at some point in the future.

Despite appearances, I have been busy; there are a number of newly completed paintings awaiting photography. Once that's done, I will post them right here. Please stay tuned!

Labels: