Still Life with Green Marble Egg

Painting a day: Still Life with Green Marble Egg
"Still Life with Green Marble Egg"
Oil on panel, 4.25 x 6 inches (10.5 x 15 cm)

Sold

It's been a long time since I've offered any paintings at auction. I read the same news as everybody else, and the general state of the economy made me a little skittish this year, especially since my paintings currently take much longer to produce than back when I was actively following the painting-a-day practice. As a result, I've basically been building an inventory of new paintings and... waiting. Anyway, the recession being officially over (so the news says), the time feels right to start making some of these new pieces available.

I thought I'd start with this, which is something of a recent personal favorite. I can almost never resist the urge to paint objects through glass, and this lemon seen through an old spice bottle was no exception. The green marble egg was more difficult to place in the composition - maybe because it's actually an unusual object - but I'm glad I was able to include it.

Labels: