Silver, Glass, and Oranges


Silver, Glass, and Oranges
Oil on linen, 10 x 10 inches

Sold


Finished. I try to be reasonably self-critical, and I certainly don't think every painting I do is good, but I have to say I'm very pleased with the way this one turned out. There are some passages - in particular in the glass - that I think are some of the strongest painting I've done. The shot I took isn't really good enough to show blown-up details (that whole proper-way-to-photograph-paintings thing), but when this is dry and before it ships, I'll take some better images and post them. Look for that in a few weeks.

Also, as it's almost the end of the month, I've decided not to send out a March newsletter. Instead, I'll send a combined March/April letter in about a week or so. Anybody interested in subscribing can do so by entering their email address in the "Subscribe" box at right.

Labels: , , ,