In Progress: Oranges, Silver, Glass



So today I got started with the second of the larger commission pieces I'm doing this month. The first step is to make a careful and fairly detailed pencil sketch over which I'll be painting. I generally don't post images of paintings from this stage, mostly because they don't look terribly appealing to me, and I assume most people won't be interested. But now and then it's good, just to give an idea of the process in it's entirety.

It requires a leap of faith at this point, but I am quite excited about this composition; it's a silver goblet, a glass creamer, and a group of orange slices against a black backdrop. The shadow in the upper left is just from the clamp securing the panel to my easel... as far as I know, it won't be part of the final composition :)

Labels: