In Progress: Copper and Garlic



I'd assumed that this would be a one-day effort. But, once I got into it, I realized the wrinkles and folds on the background cloth demanded more attention. In the spirit of trying to never rush things along anymore, I decided to give it the time it needed. This one should be done tomorrow.

As a matter of fact, I did use the Caput Mortuum I mentioned yesterday extensively in the copper. It is a little tricky to work with; the iron oxide component is surprisingly strong, not so much the dioxazine violet, which I had been expecting. Quite lovely, though - think I'll probably keep it on my palette.

Labels: ,