Fragment: Stoneware Vase and Wineglass

Painting a day: Stoneware Vase and Wineglass
"Fragment: Stoneware Vase and Wineglass"
Oil on panel, 2.5 x 3.5 inches
Sold

I hesitated before proceeding with this study because it was not immediately obvious that the thing on the right was actually a wineglass. One thing I really like about this series is that the cropping sometimes gives an abstract quality to the compositions. Glad I didn't let my hesitation stop me.

Fragments is a new series of very small paintings, generally in the ACEO format, or 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are studies for upcoming works, details from previous pieces, or simply found objects which caught my attention. I debated how to price these, and finally opted to make them extremely accessible and affordable. For the time being, the starting bids will be set at just $25.

Please click on the image or the purchase information link and have a look!

Labels: , , ,