Fragment: Shakers

Painting a day: Shakers
"Fragment: Shakers"
Oil on masonite, 3.5 x 2.5 Inches
Sold

This particular Fragment is the first in the series that is a direct study for another painting; in fact the painting I'm currently working on (see image below). Making preparatory studies is a double-edged sword; at least for me. When I ultimately do the larger painting, I feel much better prepared. On the other hand, the sense of discovery is largely missing, because, well, I've already done it before.



Fragments is a new series of very small paintings, generally in the ACEO format, or 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are studies for upcoming works, details from previous pieces, or simply found objects which caught my attention. I debated how to price these, and finally opted to make them extremely accessible and affordable. For the time being, the starting bids will be set at just $25.

Please click on the image or the purchase information link and have a look!

Labels: , , ,