Fragment: Glass Mug and Stoneware Vase

Painting a day: Glass Mug and Stoneware Vase
"Fragment: Glass Mug and Stoneware Vase"
Oil on masonite, 3.5 x 2.5 Inches
Sold

As I get into this new series of Fragments, a funny thing is occurring to me: because of the close cropping, it may not always be obvious what's portrayed. I try to be fairly clear about that in most of my paintings, but in this case I rather like that there's a small element of abstract design about it. In any case, the objects are an old cut glass and pewter drinking mug and a small stoneware vase. This is part of a composition that will most likely appear in a larger painting in the future.

Fragments is a new series of very small paintings, generally in the ACEO format, or 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are studies for upcoming works, details from previous pieces, or simply found objects which caught my attention. I debated how to price these, and finally opted to make them extremely accessible and affordable. For the time being, the starting bids will be set at just $25.

Please click on the image or the purchase information link and have a look!

Labels: , , ,