Fragment: Brass Lamp

Painting a day: Brass Lamp
"Fragment: Brass Lamp"
Oil on panel, 3.5 x 2.5 inches
Sold

Another study for a piece I'd like to do at some point in the future. That composition features the entire brass lamp. I have to say, though, I really like this the way it is. Perhaps the final painting will just be a larger version of this.

Brass is a metal I haven't painted too often, and I was really pleased with the challenges it gave me. There's a surprising range of hues present on the surface, from brilliant and intense yellows, subtle greens and blues, and deep rich reds, browns, and violets. It just might become my favorite metal to paint.

Fragments is a new series of very small paintings, generally in the ACEO format, or 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They are studies for upcoming works, details from previous pieces, or simply found objects which caught my attention. I debated how to price these, and finally opted to make them extremely accessible and affordable. For the time being, the starting bids will be set at just $25.

Please click on the image or the purchase information link and have a look!

Labels: , , ,