New compositions



Not much actual work today; long lunch with my friends Chris, Skott, and Samir, and then finished up my christmas shopping. Several hours in the mall on December 23 would normally get me in touch with my Inner Scrooge. Maybe time in India did me some good, because I was still in a decent mood when I drove home.

In the evening, however, I did spend a few hours developing some new still life ideas. This usually consists of rough arrangements of objects, just working out some basic concepts about composition, lighting, etc. It's often the most fun and certainly most spontaneous part of the whole creative process. Later on, I'll take those compositions that most appeal to me and start to flesh them out in earnest. The arrangement in the image above has promise, but it still needs fine-tuning.

Labels: , ,